Even though vinyl siding has been around for more than 65 years, there are still some who remember those early products that turned out not to be a great idea. They had a tendency to sag and crack, looking horrible after just a few years. Today’s vinyl siding products are far superior, made from better materials and with the best in installation techniques, so vinyl siding is becoming more and more popular. More than 30 percent of new homes today are built with vinyl siding. This is true because of the many benefits involved.
- Affordability – You can save considerably going with vinyl siding over wood siding – $4,000 or more, depending on the size of your home.
- Maintenance – Wood siding needs to be stained or painted every few years, but vinyl siding only needs to be cleaned once a year or so.
- Durability – Vinyl siding is not subject to the same dangers as wood siding, namely insects, such as carpenter bees and termites, and rot from moisture. It is also able to resist elements well, and the warranties offered are excellent.
- Versatility – There is a wide range of styles and colors available in vinyl siding, with upper-end products even looking like other materials, such as cedar shakes.
- Insulation – If insulation is needed for your home, consider insulated vinyl siding to keep your home heating and cooling costs more affordable.
If you would like to know about vinyl siding and the benefits that can be experienced for homes in the Denver, Colorado area, give us a call at Apex Restoration & Roofing. We’ll be happy to show you the many options and give you a quote for putting vinyl siding on your home.